Kamalanagar, 04 May, 2020: Pu S. Kaptluanga, SDO(C), Chawngte in a meeting attended by representatives of CADC, Health Department, Police Department, Intelligence Department, local NGO leaders and VLTFs of Kamalanagar town area and Chawngte area called for implementation of the Mizoram (Containment and Prevention of Covid-19) Ordinance, 2020. The meeting also discussed restriction/prohibition to be observed during the 3rd stage lockdown announced by the government.
The important provisions of the Ordinance were discussed and the SDO urged the VLTFs to make announcement in local language explaining the various provisions so that the common people become aware how to conduct themselves in the 3rd stage lockdown period which has started with effect from 4th May, 2020.
The Ordinance has empowered the VLTFs to impose and collect spot fines for violation of the provisions of the Ordinance, regulations, guidelines or any other instruction issued by the government with regards to containment and prevention of the spread of Covid-19.
Section 5 of the Ordinance warrants fines for violation of various prohibitions enumerated under Section 4.
• Without mask at public place -Rs.100/-
• Failing to maintain social distancing protocol/guidelines at public place –Rs.200/-
• Spitting in public place –Rs.300/-
• Organizing social/religious event without prior permission from the competent authority –Rs.5,000/-
• Crossing borders of the state –Rs.5,000/-
• Avoiding or attempting to evade quarantine –Rs.3,000/-
• Escaping quarantine facility –Rs.1,000/- – Rs.5,000/-
• Failing to follow instruction at quarantine facility –Rs.500/-
• Failing to comply with any regulations, guidelines or instructions made by central/state government for containment/prevention of Covid-19 –Rs.1,000/-
• Exposing the identity of Covid-19 positive patient and suspected persons without prior permission from competent authority –3 months imprisonment or/and Rs.5,000/-
The Ordinance can be accessed at www.dipr.mizoram.gov.in.
The operation of maxicab, taxi and autorickshaw with 50% seating capacity will be allowed to ply on alternate days. Vehicle with registration number ending in even number will ply on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while those ending in odd number on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The same condition shall apply for private vehicles as well while government vehicle on duty will be free to ply.
Passengers coming from outside the district will be required to produce proof of identity and address from the Chairman, VLTF of his locality.
Movement of people between 7 pm and 4 am will be prohibited with exemption for Magistrate, police, medical personnel, fire and emergency service, patient and person having permission from magistrate.
A team comprising of YCA, YMA and YLA to be led by SDPO will tour the border villages in CADC to encourage the VLTFs for strict vigilance to ensure cross border travelling do not happen. Dg. Lakkhan Chakma, Executive Member, CADC i/c Disaster Management who represented CADC was requested to arrange for immediate monetary help for the 26 border area VLTFs.
Self Help Groups will be requested to make double layer mask for selling at affordable prices.