Dangu Buddha Lila Chakma of 13-Vaseitlang constituency was appointed the Chief Executive Member of CADC on 07/06/2022.
The Chakma Autonomous District Council is an autonomous council for ethnic Chakma people, formed under the sixth schedule to the Constitution of India on April 29, 1972. The Council exercises legislative, executive and judiciary powers over allotted departments within the territory of CADC.
With an area of 686.25 square kilometers, CADC shares international boundaries with Bangladesh and Myanmar and has a population of 45,307 which roughly constitutes half of the total ethnic Chakma population in Mizoram.
The CADC is headquartered at Kamalanagar and is headed by the Chief Executive Member (CEM) and Executive Members (EMs). The Council has a total of 24 Members of District Council (MDCs), out of which 20 are elected from the 20 MDC constituencies of the CADC area and the rest 4 are nominated by the Governor.
Dangu Kali Kumar Tongchangya was elected unopposed as the new Chairman, CADC on 17/06/2022.
STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19
- Prohibition Order of Teer Gambling under Chawngte Sub-Division
- Appointment to various posts under CADC
- Appointment of 4th Grade / Peon under CADC
- List of selected and waitlisted candidates for various posts under CADC
- List of selected and waitlisted candidates for Group D posts
- Schedule of Personal Interviews for various posts under CADC
- Corrigendum to Advertisement inviting applications for the post of Peon-cum-Chowkidar
- Recruitment Committee for post of Peon-cum-Chowkidar
- 76th Independence Day celebrated at Kamalanagar
- Plantation programme organized to commemorate CADC Golden Jubilee
- Dg. Hiranand Tongchangya, MDC elected as new Deputy Chairman
- Chakma Autonomous District Council Football Association reformed
- CADC Budget, 2022-2023 passed for an amount Rs.16,475.33 Lakhs
- Second Edition of Changmha Grammar & Composition published by DSEB, CADC released
- Newly appointed Executive Members took oath of office and secrecy
- Dg. Kali Kumar Tongchangya elected as new Chairman, CADC