Dangu Rasik Mohan Chakma of 1-Borapansury-I constituency was appointed the Chief Executive Member of CADC on 9/10/2021.
The Chakma Autonomous District Council is an autonomous council for ethnic Chakma people, formed under the sixth schedule to the Constitution of India on April 29, 1972. The Council exercises legislative, executive and judiciary powers over allotted departments within the territory of CADC.
With an area of 686.25 square kilometers, CADC shares international boundaries with Bangladesh and Myanmar and has a population of 45,307 which roughly constitutes half of the total ethnic Chakma population in Mizoram.
The CADC is headquartered at Kamalanagar and is headed by the Chief Executive Member (CEM) and Executive Members (EMs). The Council has a total of 24 Members of District Council (MDCs), out of which 20 are elected from the 20 MDC constituencies of the CADC area and the rest 4 are nominated by the Governor.
Dangu Mohan Chakma of 20-Parva MDC constituency was elected unopposed as the Chairman of CADC on 21/04/2021.
STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19
- Governor sets aside the disqualification of Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma
- Notification: CADC Monsoon Session
- State Public Information Officers (SPIOs)
- Extension of Total Lockdown till 07.08.2021
- Extension of Total Lockdown till 31.07.2021
- Executive Duty staff relieved
- Night Curfew w.e.f. 21-30/06/2021
- Notification: Updated Executive Duty
- Deputy Commissioner held meeting at Kamalanagar on Covid Vaccination
- Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma becomes the new CEM of CADC for a second time of this term of 10th CADC
- CADC Monsoon Session 2021 held peacefully
- Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma, MDC, CADC disqualified as Member of District Council
- Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma, MDC and Adviser To CEM, CADC served show cause notice
- 75th India Independence Day celebrated at Kamalanagar, CADC