Dangu Rasik Mohan Chakma of 1-Borapansury-I constituency was appointed the Chief Executive Member of CADC on 9/10/2021.
The Chakma Autonomous District Council is an autonomous council for ethnic Chakma people, formed under the sixth schedule to the Constitution of India on April 29, 1972. The Council exercises legislative, executive and judiciary powers over allotted departments within the territory of CADC.
With an area of 686.25 square kilometers, CADC shares international boundaries with Bangladesh and Myanmar and has a population of 45,307 which roughly constitutes half of the total ethnic Chakma population in Mizoram.
The CADC is headquartered at Kamalanagar and is headed by the Chief Executive Member (CEM) and Executive Members (EMs). The Council has a total of 24 Members of District Council (MDCs), out of which 20 are elected from the 20 MDC constituencies of the CADC area and the rest 4 are nominated by the Governor.
Dangu Mohan Chakma of 20-Parva MDC constituency was elected unopposed as the Chairman of CADC on 21/04/2021.
STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19
- Appointment of Shri Molin Kumar Chakma as President, DSEB
- Appointment of Shri Lal Moni Chakma as Deputy Chief Whip
- Appointment of Shri Samir Tongchangya, as Adviser to CEM (Political)
- Appointment of Shri Purna Chandra Chakma as Adviser to CEM (Administration)
- Allocation of Portfolios for Executive Members
- Governor sets aside the disqualification of Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma
- Notification: CADC Monsoon Session
- State Public Information Officers (SPIOs)
- Hon’ble Governor visits Kamalanagar, CADC
- Appointment of Vice-President, DSEB
- Dg. Lakhi Dhan Chakma, MDC elected as the new Deputy Chairman
- CADC Brick factory inaugurated
- Newly appointed Executive Members of CADC take oath of office
- Education Officers of Primary School Education and Middle School Education take a day long tour to see reopening of schools in CADC