Kamalanagar, 16 August, 2019: The regular Budget of CADC for the current financial year was presented today in the first sitting of the Monsoon Session, 2019 for an amount of Rs.95,28,98,000/-. The first four months of the current financial year had to be transacted on Vote On Accounts as regular full budget could not be passed due to election model code of conduct coming into force following announcement of Lok Sabha election.
Of the allocated budget figure of Rs.95,28,98,000/- the amount earmarked for salary is Rs.88,15,62,000/- which 93% of total revenue account. The remaining 7% is meant for administrative costs and minor works for development purpose.
The salary estimated in the expenditure head of the budget accounts for a salary deficit of Rs.11,49,23,000/-. The CEM, CADC Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma in his budget speech stated that representation to the state government has been made for additional fund to meet the deficit in salary.
To meet the ever increasing payment towards pension of retired employees Rs.6,78,02,260/- has been contributed by CADC to the Employees Pension Fund out of normal Grant-in-Aid, State Finance Commission Grants Fund, 2018-19, the CEM said in his speech while stating that as many as 25 number of employees are retiring from service in the current financial year.
The Budget allocated a larger share of the meager amount left for developmental works towards reviving the schools that has remained neglected.
Today’s sitting also show an official resolution being moved by CEM, CADC on appointment of Group A and Group B Officers of CADC. The resolution sought to appoint as many as 19 numbers of officers during 2019-20 under different departments.
The CEM, CADC also introduced a bill seeking to legislate the CADC (Land and Revenue) Rules, 2019 under powers conferred by section 21 of CADC (Land and Revenue) Act, 2002.
The Question Hours of the sitting answered five unstarred questions put by different members of the opposition bench.