Kamalanagar, 6 Nov. 2016: The MNF party run Village Council of Borapansury-1 under CADC was dissolved last week on 28th October on the grounds of financial misappropriation and corrupt practices of the village council under a notification issued by the Local Administration Department, CADC. This is the only MNF party village council besides the Vaseitlang-2.
The Borapansury-1 and Vaseitlang-2 Village Councils are the only Village Councils in the last VC General Election of 25/2/2015, the MNF party managed to win with absolute majority.
A complaint was lodged by Dg. Ananta Kumar Chakma, Member, Vigilance Committee, NFSA, Borapansury-1 and Dg. Guno Muni Chakma, Ex-VCP, Borapansury-1 on 5/9/2016 with charges of malpractice in the allocation of Family ration cards under National Food Security Act (NFSA) and misappropriation of funds collected out of MGNREGA wages for development of newly established Higher secondary School.
An enquiry and on the spot verification was instituted which observed the following:
· The VC allotted Family Ration Cards under PHH to Government/Semi-Government employees in violation of relevant section of NFSA.
· The selection awarding different categories of ration cards has been made without consent of Vigilance Committee of NFSA, Borapansury-1 and holding meeting with the members of the Committee.
· The VC President embezzled the amount of 1(one) day MGNREA wages of Rs.25,325/- donated by the general public of Borapansury-1.
· Village Council Proceeding register in support of the decision taken in the Gram Sabha meeting regarding proposal/execution of MGNREA works was not maintained.
· No Cash Book showing actual receipt & payment of VC Fund received from CADC and State Government was maintained.
· Full payment to 29 additional Job Card holders granted during 2015 were not made.
The notification appointed Dg. Guno Muni Chakma s/o Chiba Choga Chakma of Borapansury-1 as Administrator to assume the charge of Village Council President and Village Council Court for the interim period till a new village council is elected.