Dangu Buddha Lila Chakma of 13-Vaseitlang constituency was appointed the Chief Executive Member of CADC on 07/06/2022.
The Chakma Autonomous District Council is an autonomous council for ethnic Chakma people, formed under the sixth schedule to the Constitution of India on April 29, 1972. The Council exercises legislative, executive and judiciary powers over allotted departments within the territory of CADC.
With an area of 686.25 square kilometers, CADC shares international boundaries with Bangladesh and Myanmar and has a population of 45,307 which roughly constitutes half of the total ethnic Chakma population in Mizoram.
The CADC is headquartered at Kamalanagar and is headed by the Chief Executive Member (CEM) and Executive Members (EMs). The Council has a total of 24 Members of District Council (MDCs), out of which 20 are elected from the 20 MDC constituencies of the CADC area and the rest 4 are nominated by the Governor.
Dangu Kali Kumar Tongchangya was elected unopposed as the new Chairman, CADC on 17/06/2022.
STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19
- CADC pensioners to pay room rent at par with official on duty at CADC Rest Houses.
- Ban on sale of all forms of wild animals and their parts and derivatives
- Appointment of nominated members to 11th CADC
- Notification: Schools to remain closed till 11th August 2023
- Notification inviting applications for providing Catering services at Chakma House, Aizawl
- Notification inviting applications for providing Housekeeping services at Chakma House Aizawl
- CADC Monsoon Session 2023-24 to commence from 16th August 2023
- Appointment of Dg. Molin Kumar Chakma as Adviser to CEM
- CADC Chairman Dg. Kali Kumar Tongchangya disqualified following conviction
- Sanitation meeting yields effective strategy for a cleaner environment
- CADC holds condolence programme in memory of veteran politician Pu F. Rohnuna
- CADC Executive Committee Meeting held; Session proceedings to be published in Chakma language and script
- Inter-School football tournament concludes
- CEM Rasik Mohan Chakma visits education and community development project site
- Rasik Mohan Chakma, CEM, CADC inaugurates Inter-School Football Tournament
- CADC Monsoon Session prorogued