Dg. Rasik Mohan Chakma was appointed as the Chief Executive Member of CADC on 22-05-2023.
The Chakma Autonomous District Council is an autonomous council for ethnic Chakma people, formed under the sixth schedule to the Constitution of India on April 29, 1972. The Council exercises legislative, executive and judiciary powers over allotted departments within the territory of CADC.
With an area of 686.25 square kilometers, CADC shares international boundaries with Bangladesh and Myanmar and has a population of 62,094 which roughly constitutes half of the total ethnic Chakma population in Mizoram.
The CADC is headquartered at Kamalanagar and is headed by the Chief Executive Member (CEM) and Executive Members (EMs). The Council has a total of 24 Members of District Council (MDCs), out of which 20 are elected from the 20 MDC constituencies of the CADC area and the rest 4 are nominated by the Governor.
Dg. Kali Kumar Tongchangya was elected as the Chairman of CADC on 26-05-2023.
STAY SAFE FROM COVID-19
- Holiday List for 2024
- Office working hours for the offices of CADC during Winter Season and Summer Season
- Winter Session, 2023 to begin from December 15.
- Public Holiday declared on 7th November 2023
- Holiday on 12 Oct 2023 on account of the sad demise of Dg. Buddha Lila Chakma, former CEM
- Assessment & Certifications camp for PwDs to be held on 13 October 2023
- Sealed Tender Notice for Auction – Leasing of CADC Brick Kiln
- CADC pensioners to pay room rent at par with official on duty at CADC Rest Houses.
- Ban on sale of all forms of wild animals and their parts and derivatives
- Appointment of nominated members to 11th CADC
- Notification: Schools to remain closed till 11th August 2023
- Notification inviting applications for providing Catering services at Chakma House, Aizawl
- CADC Executive Committee takes key resolutions on solar streetlights, cultural museum and infrastructural development
- CADC condoles the sad demise of Dg. Buddha Lila Chakma, former CEM, CADC
- CADC Chairman Dg. Kali Kumar Tongchangya disqualified following conviction
- Sanitation meeting yields effective strategy for a cleaner environment
- CADC holds condolence programme in memory of veteran politician Pu F. Rohnuna
- CADC Executive Committee Meeting held; Session proceedings to be published in Chakma language and script
- Inter-School football tournament concludes
- CEM Rasik Mohan Chakma visits education and community development project site
- Rasik Mohan Chakma, CEM, CADC inaugurates Inter-School Football Tournament
- CADC Monsoon Session prorogued